Our doctors are in, 24/7
Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy:
Spinal decompression therapy provides a range of benefits for individuals seeking relief from back and neck pain. Here are a few significant benefits:
- Pain Relief: Spinal decompression is a highly effective treatment for problems like sciatica and herniated discs that cause chronic back and neck discomfort.
- Improved Mobility: By increasing joint flexibility and range of motion, greater mobility is possible.
- Non-Surgical Approach: For some spine problems, spinal decompression is a minimally invasive alternative to surgery.
- Reduced Nerve Compression: The treatment may assist in relieving pressure on irritated nerves, hence lessening pain and suffering.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Many patients report better sleep, a decreased need for painkillers, and an all-around higher quality of life.
Spinal Decompression Techniques
Depending on the condition and requirements of the patient, various techniques can be used to deliver spinal decompression therapy. Here are a few typical methods:
- Mechanical Spinal Decompression: This method gently stretches the spine using a specific table or equipment to create negative pressure that can assist relieve pressure on spinal discs and nerves.
- Manual Spinal Decompression: Physical therapists and chiropractors can apply traction and decompress the spine manually.
- Intermittent Traction: To help the spine relax and rehydrate, the therapy may alternate between periods of traction and rest.